The Fix Enduro
The FIX Enduro is the premier scale endurance event on the planet. 3 endurance classes provide fun for all endurance levels and ages.
- The 3 Hour FIX Enduro Classes.
- Adults / Kids*
3 hour 4200 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 4.2in / 106mm.
3 hour 4800 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 4.8in / 122mm.
3 hour 5800 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 5.8in / 147mm.
Class description - These classes drive for 3 hours plus one lap. There are driver & driving challenges to be completed during each lap. Driving your rc car for 3 straight hours is more difficult than it sounds, especially when the course is designed to push you and your rig to the limits for every minute of those 3 hours.
The 6 Hour FIX Enduro Classes.
- Adults / Kids*
6 hour 4200 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 4.2in / 106mm.
6 hour 4800 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 4.8in / 122mm.
6 hour 5800 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 5.8in / 147mm.
6 hour Team Class – 3 Drivers / 3 Cars. Tire height open to all Solo Class sizes.
Class description - Class description - These classes drive for 6 hours plus one lap. There are driver & driving challenges to be completed during each lap. It’s time to feel your adventure and that you will. After 6 hours of rc scale endurance driving designed to push you and your rig to new levels of fun.
The 12 Hour Enduro Classes.
- Adults / Kids*
12 hour 4200 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 4.2in / 106mm.
12 hour 4800 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 4.8in / 122mm.
12 hour 5800 Solo Class - 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height maximum is 5.8in / 147mm.
12 hour Team Class** - 3 drivers, 3 cars. Tire height open to all solo class sizes.
- Class Description - These classes drive for 12 hours plus one lap. There are driver & driving challenges to be completed during each lap. It’s time to experience what rc scale endurance driving is all about. Designed to play on sleep deprivation, mental awareness, physical conditioning, driving ability, mechanical attrition, & a driver going beyond what he or she thinks they are capable of. The finishers of this class will earn the companies of the products that they use, the coveted RECON G6 Certified stamp. A driver must finish the required laps in the allotted time period to certify product.
- - 12 hour Elite Class – 1 driver, 1 car. Tire height open to all solo class sizes.
- The 12 Hour Elite Class. This class is for the scale endurance athlete that enjoy pushing the limits. These drivers achieve distances with their rc scale cars that were not thought possible. Reaching marathon distances in 12 hours or less, the strategy of these athletes are simple, go as fast as possible, drive smart, don’t break the car, & win! 100% cash pay back to podium finishers of this class.
*Kids Classes - All kids 15 & under must have a parent or guardian’s signature to drive in any of The FIX Enduro classes. It is highly recommended that no child under the age of 15 compete in the 12 hour enduro class.
**12 Hour Team Class – Teams can be 3 drivers each driving their own truck or 3 drivers sharing one truck if the team is trying to certify a kit or product.
- The FIX Enduro Rules
- - The fix is a multi-lap endurance race. Drivers will negotiate a marked stage that will feature various types of driving conditions that will continually test driver and machine.
- The FIX Enduro course will be open for pre-running before the event. You may use another vehicle for this or walk it.
- Drivers will be tasked with performing driver challenges thru out the event.
- A winch is not mandatory, but there will be a mandatory winch section. If a driver does not have a winch he/she must use the winch by-pass line.
- A tow strap is mandatory and will be used during the mandatory winching section & other special skills sections.
- NO HAND of GOD! Or otherwise known as “HOGGING” or using your hand or foot to place your car back on its wheels after a crash, roll over, or any mishap. All roll overs, assisted climbs, or extractions must be done with a winch or with the help of a fellow competitor using his vehicle in a scale fashion to assist in a vehicle recovery. Using a tow strap in a scale fashion or winching is the only way to properly recover or assist a vehicle. A driver or team caught receiving outside assistance in the “Driver Only” area(s) or “HOGGING” will be disqualified.
- Driver must check in with The FIX officials every lap. Not doing so, will result the lap not being counted. The start/finish check point will be well marked so that each lap is counted.
- A designated 12 hour driver pit area will be provided. All drivers are highly recommended to use the assigned pit area. Bring your own table and all necessary equipment you may need. Power will be available for charging.
- Drivers are allowed a maximum of 15,000mah to power their vehicle. No battery bigger than a 10,000mah is allowed. Only two batteries on the stage at any given time, with the exception of a 850mah battery or smaller to power winch and/or lights.
- - 12 Hour Enduro Class are limited to 3 batteries to power the vehicle. One battery can be up to 10000mah, but must be registered at driver check-in. Batteries can be ran in parallel if a driver chooses. There is a two battery per driver limit on course. An additional battery may be used to power lights &/or winch. This additional battery cannot exceed 850mah.
- 12 Hour Solo Drivers will have a mandatory 30 min rest period during the first 8 hours. If a driver/team is responsible to take this break before the time limit. The penalty for not taking a break is 3 lap deduction from your overall lap count at the time of infraction.
- Teams of 3 drivers each having their own vehicle will have a mandatory 30 min rest period for each driver in the first 8 hours. Only one team member at a time may take the mandatory break. If the team is sharing one car, then no mandatory break is required.
- Solo Drivers, R.A.D. Drivers, & Teams can have one mechanic. The mechanic can assist the driver everywhere on course except the “driver only” area. The “Driver Only” area is a section of the course that if a driver’s car breaks down, the driver must make the repairs on course. A driver may receive assistance from a fellow competitor. Any outside assistance given to a driver inside the “Driver Only” area, will result in a DQ for that driver. A driver may carry tools and spare parts with them on stage for any repairs of any breakage while on stage. If a driver does not have what he/she needs to complete the repair, they must leave their rig on stage at the location of the breakage. The broken rig should be set just off to the side of the trail. The Driver may then return to their pits and get what they need to complete the repair. All repairs / breakage must be reported at the end of the lap that the breakage occurred on at the Start/Finish area.
- Every driver checking in for the mandatory break, must impound their scale endurance rig for the duration of the break. The Mechanic nor the Driver may check or repair car while it’s impounded.
- Tenth Scale RC scale endurance vehicles only. 4 wheel drive is mandatory. All vehicles must come standard from the manufacturer with 1.55 wheels & tires or 1.9 wheels and tires or 2.2 wheels and tires.
- Tires must be a scale replica or licensed scale tire. The tires may be siped or grooved, but those tires will not be eligible for certification. NO CUT & SHUTS & NO COMP TIRES are allowed. A useable spare tire must be mounted on the truck & will be used during the 12 hour Enduro Class only. Once the tire has been used, it does not need to mounted back on the vehicle.
- Scale Adventure Rigs must have an interior 2D or 3D, a driver, a first aid kit, side mirrors, a fuel cell or spare fuel can, a scale fire extinguisher, a scale cowbell, a scale gps or scale map, & one scale “drivers choice” item.
- For a company to earn the RECON G6 Certified Stamp for a vehicle, vehicle must be stock and/or upgraded with only the manufacturer available upgraded parts.
- Drivers attempting to certify a vehicle. That vehicle must be stock and/or upgraded with only the available parts for the vehicle from the vehicle manufacturer. The stock rims and tires must be used. The stock electronics must be used, unless the kit version of the vehicle is being certified. The stock servo must be used.
- Broken parts and/or equipment failure will not be penalized. All drivers can make all repairs after reporting breakage to the FIX Officials at the start/finish check in station.
- All driver & driving challenges must be completed every lap, unless it is stated by the FIX Officials otherwise.
Course / Skill Sections / Challenges
The course will be designed to test a driver’s ability and their scale adventure rig’s capability. There will be driver challenges during the stage. The course will feature natural terrain such as rock, sand, mud, clear dirt, and everything in between. Designed for fun, not failure, there is no other rc scale endurance experience like the Fix Enduro.
The course will be marked with ribbon, arrows, trail markers, and/or any combination of the 3. Areas will be marked for vehicle only sections. In the sections, no driver is permitted to walk in the area. If you must aid your vehicle in these areas, do so with care and only in the allowed ways.
Winching Challenge - a driver must attach his tow strap to the supplied anchor point, then attach his/her winch to the tow strap and winch up the obstacle. If you do not have a winch, then attach your tow strap to your vehicle and the supplied winch and winch yourself up the challenge.
Driver Challenge(s) - A driver must stand at a marked location and navigate a set course. DO NOT ROLL OVER During this Challenge. If a driver needs to assist their car back to its tires, he/she must first ring the bell of shame, then using their tow strap in a scale fashion, may go roll their car back onto its tires.
Team Driver Challenge(s) - One team member will be guided by his teammates through a marked course.
Driving Challenge(s) - A driver may or may not have to pull / recover / or drag and an object a certain distance.
Driving Challenge(s) - A driver may or may not have to navigate through clear dirt.
DO WORK, DRIVERS!